1. Hydrate! We need to drink at least half our body weight, in ounces, of water every day. That means that if you weigh 120lbs, you would need to drink 60 ounces of water or herbal tea a day. Try adding lemon, lime, cucumber or even an orange slice. I prefer my water at room temp. Some benefits to being properly hydrated are increased energy, overall sense of well-being, better sleep, more alert, and the list goes on.
2. Breathe! Take 2 minutes 3-5 times a day, go outside or to a place that is somewhat quiet and peaceful. Take a slow deep breath through your nose, hold for a second and slowly release it. Focus on your breathing. Repeat this for the 2 minutes or longer if you like. Some benefits are more oxygen in your body, relaxes and relieves stress, better sleep, helps to relieve anxiety, eliminates toxins and more.
3. Take a walk! That's right, you have time...Even a 10 minute walk will have health benefits. Walk down your street, go to the beach or park. We can walk just about anywhere. If you have a 10 minute break at work, grab a bottle of water and get outside. While you're walking think of the things you are thankful for, smile at everyone you see. The benefits of movement are endless... Circulation, energy, great for our mental health, builds our immune system, relieves stress. Our bodies are designed to move.
4. Look in the mirror and tell yourself, "I love you!" Sounds corny but we tell our family and friends we love them, why not tell ourselves. You never know, you might actually start to believe it. We first have to love and care for ourselves before we can truly love and care for others. Take it a step further and tell yourself you're beautiful, how about forgiving yourself? Some benefits are stress relief, peace, energy, better sleep, a desire to take better care of our self and others, increased immune system, and of course much more.
5. Eat raw Vegetables and fruit! Make a big salad and eat that for a meal instead of cooked food. Vegetables should be the main course at meal time. Unfortunately, we've taken on the diet of Kings in America and our health is suffering because of it. You'll be surprised at how full and satisfied you'll feel. I put seeds, beans, leafy greens, cucumber, carrots and whatever veggies I have on hand in a big bowl, avocado and drizzle with a healthy oil lemon juice and some spices. Make it as big as you want. Yum! The benefits are endless!
Please take a minute and head over to Facebook and tell me which of these 5, you enjoyed most. I look forward to connecting with you.
You're Worth It!